It’s been far from an ordinary 12 months. While the pandemic has hit everyone hard, it’s been particularly challenging for those in the AEC industry, and architects have been working harder than ever to remain sustainable and deliver projects for their clients, through it all.
We heard first hand accounts like this from hundreds of firms, many of which have expressed their desire to enter this year’s A+Awards but need just a little more time get their projects photographed beautifully and refine their submission materials to maximize their chances of success. We appreciate this challenge, and want to give architects every opportunity to gain the recognition that their hard work deserves.
Accordingly, we are thrilled to be able to keep this year’s A+Award program open until April 23rd this year. Your firm still has time to shine, and get your projects in the running for global coverage throughout 2021. Get started on your submission today:
A Guide to the A+Award Categories
As you prepare your projects for submission, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing which A+Award category or categories to enter. There are some 90+ categories to choose from, with two A+Awards up for grabs in each: the Jurors’ Award is selected by our preeminent group of more than 250 jurors, while the Popular Choice Award is decided hundreds of thousands of votes by design lovers around the world.
At first glance, the full run-down of categories might appear daunting, but fear not — here’s a handy guide to understanding the two main types of A+Award category on offer:
Architects do a lot of things — signage, branding, presentations, conferences — but at the core of our profession, we make buildings and spaces. The Typology Awards honor this core function, and span the full gamut of architectural programs at every scale. Entries must be BUILT projects completed within the past three (3) years, with the exception of the Unbuilt Categories.
Categories broadly include residential, office, commercial, transportation, cultural, institutional, and landscape architecture projects. There are also dedicated categories for interiors, including Small and Large Residential Interiors, Office Interiors and Transport Interiors.
Architecture is everywhere and touches everyone. The Plus Awards are designed to celebrate architecture’s relevancy through categories that highlight the issues confronting the world. Entries must be BUILT projects completed within the past three (3) years, with the exception of the ‘Architecture +Models & Rendering’ category.
Architecture touches everyone at multiple scales, and the Plus Categories are divided into two groups to reflect this fact. At the largest scale, The Concept Categories celebrate how architecture is capable of responding to global issues, shifts in technology and our evolving society. On a smaller scale, the Detail Categories the celebrate innovative features and material applications that define the tactile qualities of architecture that we come into contact with everyday.
How Your Firm Can Benefit From Winning an A+Award
Why is the A+Awards worth entering? For architecture firms looking to elevate their reputation and standing within the profession, there are a number of compelling reasons:
- Gain global recognition for your work. A+Awards winners are recognized not only our esteemed jury, but also Architizer’s 7+ million strong online community of designers. The winners’ announcement will also be distributed to more than 6,000 publications across 96 countries by international architectural newswire @v2com_newswire, providing incredible visibility for firms.
- Get featured in the 2021 A+Awards book. All architecture winners will be featured in the annual A+Awards compendium entitled “Architizer: The World’s Best Architecture”, published by @monacellipress .
- Raise your reputation with clients and collaborators. Winners can publish the iconic black and white A+Award winner’s badge across their websites and social media. It’s a stamp of approval that clients will immediately recognize.
- Get your hands on the iconic A+Awards trophy. All winners receive a custom-engraved A+Awards Trophy, a remarkable showpiece crafted by some of the world’s best awards designers.
- Feature on the A+List. All architecture winners are included in the A+List, our annual run-down of Architecture Firms to Watch. The list forms a definitive “who’s who” of design studios to focus on during the coming year.
By entering, you also support Architizer in its mission to show the world what great architecture looks like, and set positive precedents for other architects across the globe.
To find out more about the A+Awards, check out our handy About pages, including FAQs, fees and deadlines, and eligibility and guidelines. If you have any questions about the program, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Remember, the Final (Late) Entry Deadline is April 23rd, 2021, and there will be no further extensions, so be sure to submit your work before then to be in the running:
A huge thank you to all firms and architects that have entered their work so far — we wouldn’t be able to do what we do without you, and we can’t wait to share your work with the world!
The post Final Call for Entries: There’s Still Time to Enter the 9th Annual A+Awards! appeared first on Journal.